Singer Lizzy Grant has been called the 'unofficial sweetheart of rock and roll' by the finest of hipster musicologists. Her latest triumph is her new EP titled Kill Kill available now on iTunes. The sound of the record defies genre, as Grant sings the narcotic blues in the David Kahne-designed world of electric flourishes and orchestral bangs. She recently took a moment out of her touring schedule to fill out our Style Questionnaire.
1) Name and where you are from: Lizzy Grant - from All Over.
2) Describe your style: Alabama Dark meets Dope and Diamonds. Lots of flowers in my hair and violets around my wrist. Gold Lamé.
4) Tell us about your music: It falls under the genre of surf noir. It feels like the 4th of July. It is influenced by Elvis, the Beach Boys, and Nirvana. The lyrics are inspired by true love and being born bad.
5) What do you find inspiring? Doing dangerous things. Making movies. Sparkling on stage at the Coney Island Grotto. Jesus, Daytona, Chandeliers, ex-heroin addicts (emphasis on EX!).
6) Top ten tunes on your play list: Click to listen.
7) Most treasured item(s) in your closet: I love a black corset.
8) What item do you covet? Diamond Eyelashes.
9) Fashion heroes? Divine. David Bowie. Statue of Liberty. Britney Spears.
10) Favorite fashion period? The 50's or ancient Egypt.
11) What do you plan to wear this spring? Acrylic Nails - sporting American flags on each nail.
12) Famous Last Words: I do.