The snow storm could not keep over 200 industry media professionals and nominees away from the first Fashion 2.0 Social Media Awards on Wednesday night. Even for those who intended to come but could not brave the winter storm caught the event live online. Here are the final results:
- Next Big Thing Award in Social Media: Foursquare.com beat Google Wave, Intwig, Hotpotato, & Blippy. The CEO of Foursquare, Dennis Crowley came and accepted the award.
- Best Website By A Fashion Designer Or Brand: It was the French against the Americans in this category and the all American brand, Kate Spade, won by a landslide over DVF, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Christian Louboutin, & Isaac Mizrahi.
- Best Blog By A Fashion Designer Or Brand: Free People walked away with this award. Other nominees included: Hayden Harnett, Tory Burch, Chanel News, Dolce & Gabbana, & Opening Ceremony.
- Best Facebook Account By A Fashion Designer Or Brand: We think Coach's latest collection, Poppy was partially responsible for them securing this win over DVF, Tory Burch, Victoria Secret, Converse, and Dolce & Gabbana.
- Best Twitter Account By A Fashion Designer Or Brand. DYNY PR Girl, A crowd favorite won this category with DVF coming in second followed by Rachel Roy, Fake Karl, Stella McCartney, & Louis Vuitton.
- Best Online Video By A Fashion Designer or Brand. Chanel, Coco In Motion, by V Magazine won this category with Birds of a "Fether" by Erin Fetherston an uber close second. Other nominees include: Night Train by Chanel N 5, Psycho-logic by Christian Louboutin, Lady Dior / CHAPTER ONE, & SHOWstudio: Gareth Pugh A/W 2009.
- Innovator Award: Best Designer Or Brand Using Multiple Social Media Platforms. Burberry won our top award of the night and the announcement was made my ideeli's CEO Paul Hurley shown below. Alexander McQueen came in second followed by DVF, Norma Kamali, Dolce & Gabbana, and Vivienne Tam.
ideeli like the rest of the fashion world is greatly saddened by the passing of Alexander McQueen. He left the world too soon. We hope he found the peace he was seeking.